Tuesday, September 27, 2011

No Excuses

In the world of fitness we hear every excuse in the book regarding why someone can't commit to working out/staying fit.  I heard two just today from my 6pm client, "I'm going to start my diet tomorrow", "lets reschedule for tomorrow...my shoulder is sore".  There are times when obstacles come up and we can not let minor inconveniences keep us from doing what we know is right.  In the end, you are only hurting yourself and hindering your potential & success.  I know what you are thinking...you always say listen to your body.  I guess I need to add a caveat to that...listen to your body but truly understand what its trying to say to you.  My knee hurt very bad this morning...I could have easily cancelled my workout and stayed home with it elevated.  The reason I did not is because I knew that if I put a bit of pressure on it and kept moving, I really would be okay.  The same goes in regards to nutrition.  I often hear that eating healthy cost too much.  My question is, "Does it really cost more than the fast food stops"?  It certainly will cost less then the doctors visits, co payment and medicines you will be taking if you don't get serious about your health and well being.  If you sit down and write a plan and stick to it, you are more likely to succeed.  Take a little to create a Vision Board...I'm doing mine this week.  I have a pair of hot abs cut out, some firm round glutes, a bible, sunshine and my family.  What are you doing to stay focused on your goals?  Head up, shoulders high and read deltoids poppin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment