Monday, October 31, 2011

Sabatoging Yourself

With the holiday's approaching and trick or treating amongst us, it is so easy to fall off the wagon.  In order to stay true to yourself and your goals you are going to need a plan.  Its not good enough to just sit back and allow yourself to be over taken by the temptation to over indulge.  If you know for a fact that you plan to take some time off of your lifestyle change during the holiday's...do not give up on your exercise goals.  In addition, do not let Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Years Day turn into a a full month of over eating/limited to no movement.  Take just the days listed as your, "cheat" day and when the holiday is finished...your indulgence should be finished as well.  Every holiday, I am in the gym working EXTRA hard.  I workout extra hard for the full week leading up to and the full week after.  Not that I do not put in work on a  semi daily basis, but I work hard to create a big calorie deficit to keep any extra weight at bay. Since I do all of the holiday cooking for my family and friends, its often hard to stay on task but I pray about it, I journal what I eat and I use my family as taste testers.  I am known for my cooking and baking so each year the dessert table is full of goodies, homemade chocolate cakes, carrot cake, sweet potato pies, apple pies, cookies, pound cakes etc.  I pick the two items I want the most and that is what I eat.  Although my husband often objects, I send whole pies home with my guest for them to enjoy with their families.  Its not easy but if you have faith (the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen) you can be successful this holiday season.  Many Blessings and many pounds lost! XOXO
Heads held high, shoulders back and abs tight!

No comments:

Post a Comment