Friday, October 7, 2011

Time is Precious

I love working out more than most people but in the same token, I hate to waste my time.  When I go to a group fitness class, I am expecting the instructor to kick my butt.  If I'm paying, I certainly want to break a sweat.  I have spent a lot of time researching what classes work best for me and have determined that some more than others provide me with a full body workout and a high calorie burn.  I hear people say, "Why do you promote so many gyms/classes?", the truth is...I have a lot of friends in fitness.  No, I do not promote them all...if I go to one of their classes and I don't feel worked when I leave...you won't see me post about them.  But if I go and I feel like they are providing a quality class, I recommend them to others.  Although, I happen to think I run a excellent boot camp, I know that it takes more than 2 days per week to get to your goals.  When you have a chance to walk, run, jog, jump, skip or hop...do it!  Do whatever you can with whatever you have to get your heart rate pumping.  If you are at the park with your kids, do the monkey bars, climb up and down the ladder to the slide or do a few laps around the area playing tag with your child/children.  I often have to take conference calls at work and I do squats, leg lifts, lunges and push ups against my desk.  I don't do this, "all" of the time, but when I'm feeling sluggish, it really helps.  I challenge you this week to try some of these tips and keep track of how may sets you actually do.  I bet you will be surprised by weeks end.  Head held high, shoulders back and abs tight!  Oh, and please, please, please, fuel your body!  You are so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment