Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fueling Your Body

There is a myth in the, "diet" world that if you don't eat you lose weight.  Well the truth is, if you don't eat you will lose weight however you also lose muscle, become fatigue, have headaches, lose hair and a host of other undesirable things. The other danger to not eating is that your metabolism will shut down which can be irreversible if you are severely under nourished.    Your body moves into, "starvation" mode which means when you start to eat again...your body will hold on to everything it can to protect itself from being starved.  Proper nutrition is necessary to fuel your body, burn fat and help to build lean muscles.  I am not a nutritionist so I am not in the business of providing nutritional plans however if that is something you are interested in, I can point you in the right direction.  I can suggest though that you eat several small meals (quality meals) a day 4-6 and that you make sure you are taking in the proper amounts of protein which assist in building lean muscle.  I often find myself the butt of many jokes regarding how much and how often I eat.  Because I workout/train a lot, it is of the utmost importance that I properly fuel.  Don't be afraid that fueling will mean you will be fat...that is not the case if you are fueling properly.  If you are eating 1600 calories of cookies/cupcakes you are not going to look or feel your best so eat right, workout and watch your body change. Keep your head held high, shoulders back and abs tight!  Keep smiling and be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment